Monday, 27 October 2008

God Saturated

Hrm. I do have to apologise to KY and the other girls, as sometimes in catching them as they fell put them in compromising situations. I didn't really realise it until Mikki told me to support KY in front. Mortifying....

Ah well, had fun. Thank God for his grace today. I was with Jin Tao cycling down to return the bike/skates, and the sky was so black. I was praying, "God, please don't let it rain. I'm important to you. You love me as an individual, and what I say matters to you." I told Jin Tao that it won't rain before we hit the kiosk. It did rain, but not very heavily. I really have to admire Jin Tao. He fell quite a few times, but didn't give up.

I'm still indecisive. Should have made the decision to turn back, thank God we did anyway. Something I'll need to change. A bit of a hypocrite...I told Leo that it's not so nice to leave Wei Ken and Uzen alone, and I did just that to help out with the girls learning to skate. They called me, and I told them to stay put for a bit, I'll be back in about 40 minutes after the girls hand in their skates, but also told them to call me if there was anything, or if they are really bored and I'll go back.

Wonder if I did the right thing. Is this an indication of my priorities? I can think of so many justifications for what I did, and so many rebuttals, but I wonder what God thinks. Was that wise? Kevin, Mikki and I were with the girls, leaving Uzen and Wei Ken alone with Leo. How wise was that? Then again, Mikki had to leave halfway, and I helped KY out.

If I had gone back, Jermaine and Kevin would have stepped into my role, but if I had not, who could have entertained the boys and the new friend? I only pray that they had a good time, and did not feel neglected. I don't have the intention of upsetting anyone...

Sherrie called me to pray for me today. That was nice.

Oh yeah! God really knows what makes me tick. To a certain extent I dereive joy from helping other people, and these couple of days has seen me help people in small ways that really makes my day. Yesterday, I pointed out Block...51, I think, of Strathmore Ave to someone who was lost. I had my headphones on, but I saw this lady talking to me, so I took them off. Surprising, really, it's not the first time someone asked for directions or help when I had my headphones on. I would never have asked someone who was listening to music. Maybe it's just me.

Today, I helped a kid put his chain back on his bike. He was fiddling with his bike in the middle of the lane, just slowed down to help him out. It was about to rain then, and Jin Tao was boosting on my bike. I just felt that I should help him out. I wasn't really thinking about Jin Tao waiting there at the moment, feeling guilty about that now. In helping out that boy, I made Jin Tao wait, with him so eager to get back as he was really tired. I stopped and helped the boy.

Dunno, I think that it was the correct thing to do to help the boy, as I spent only about 5 minutes trying to adjust his chain. That was 5 minutes for Jin Tao to rest, and an irreplacable 5 minutes so that the boy could get back. When helping someone causes inconvenience to others, I'll have to be very wise and very sensitive to what the Holy Spirit wants me to do in the future.

It was a God-saturated, Holy-Spirit-filled day today. Awesome! Here's to more prayer, and my first personal fast in a long time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bowen! :D thanks for your help & your encouragement all along. i didn't know i imposed an extra burden onto you. but jintao really enjoyed himself he cant wait to share with me when i went hom & appears online on the msn. im glad that you're there. thanks for always lending me your listening ear, advices given by you are appreciated :D thanks bowen!! loves!

Bowen Tay said...

I was thinking about it, and I don't think that it would be a burden either way. I came to the conclusion that God will do His best to help me in whatever I do, even if what I choose may not be the best choice. I just have to think it out first, to be clear about every option, to really understand the issue before I decide.

Heh, glad to hear that Jin Tao loved it, I was worried that I had tired him too much on his first time skating.

Always glad to listen, but credit goes to Daddy for helping me out with advice! Thankyew!